I want systems around me that support my efforts and goals. I suspect that you do, too.
The fee scale for Mind the Gap clients slides up and down based on whether or not you meet your personal goals. Yes, you read that correctly. Let me explain:
• BASIC: The basic fee for Mind the Gap starts at $10/month (our minimum rate) for weekly 20-minute meetings where I ask questions and check your progress toward your goals. The principle here is: "Start stupid small." I want everyone to be able to begin to Mind the Gap between where you are and where you want to be. But the fee will adjust.
• ADJUSTING: For each month in which you cannot demonstrate that you have met your own personal goals, the basic fee automatically doubles. For example, if you failed to meet your goals for month one ($10), your fee for month two doubles to $20. The principle here is: Learn whether you are intrinsically or extrinsically motivated. But the fee will also adjust down.
• ADJUSTING AGAIN: For each month in which you demonstrate that you have met your goals, the basic fee automatically drops by half. For example, if you had failed to meet your goals for three months in a row, the fee would double for each month - $10 (basic fee), then $20 (month two), then $40 (month three), then $80 (month four). But then if you met your own personal goals for the fourth month, your fifth month would automatically adjust down to $40 again. The principle here is: If you win, you win. And I do, too.
• CANCELATION: You can cancel your engagement with Mind the Gap at any time. If you wish to rejoin, we would enroll you at the fee level of your last month of service, and the adjusting fee structure continues to apply. The principle here is: None of us wins all the time. It's ok to try and fail. I want each of you to find the support you need to succeed.
• CAUTION: The intended gravity and effectiveness of the adjusting fee schedule works only if the student is paying his or her own fees for Mind the Gap services from his or her own pocket. Parents should avoid taking any financial responsibility for the students' financial obligations in these programs. The principle here is: Let your systems do their work.
• DONATION: Some are concerned that I would work for so little. To answer this concern, I have opened an option for donations to Mind the Gap Programs, so that you can offer whatever you think is a fair value beyond the fee structure outline above. No one should ever feel ANY obligation to donate.
Blessings, friends! - c